SOLVED

Re: Send Alerts to different emails captured in Marketo

Go to solution
Carrie_Lawson
Level 4

Send Alerts to different emails captured in Marketo

Hello Marketo!

We integrate with Netsuite, not SFDC or Dynamics.  We have a field in Netsuite named Marketing Resource where we capture the lead owner information.  Is there a way that i can send an alert to whomever is listed as Marketing Resource? or is there a way i can get Lead Owner field to populate this info?  When i set up an alert it only gives me the option to send to Lead Owner or Account Owner.

I cant enter the individual email address with the territory rules in the flow because we use more than 1 rule to assign territories and from what i can see there isn't any way to this without setting up different smart campaigns each time.  That would cause me to have to create/clone 12 smart campaigns each time just to send the alerts, so that is including my progression status & send campaigns.

The only other way i can think to this is by having an alert sending specific program that i have to add the new trigger for each program we wish to send the alert for.

There has to be a better way right?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Carrie,

If you have a lead field that only contain email addresses separated with commas (and only this), you may use it as a token for alert addressee in the "other field", on the alert flow step. I have tried with 1 email, it worked, so may with many, it's worth a try, IMHO.

-Greg

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Carrie,

If you have a lead field that only contain email addresses separated with commas (and only this), you may use it as a token for alert addressee in the "other field", on the alert flow step. I have tried with 1 email, it worked, so may with many, it's worth a try, IMHO.

-Greg

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Carrie,

The Lead Owner field isn't available for editing, as it's a system managed field.  I was also going to suggest using a token in the Other field of the Send alert flow step.  As Greg said, that should work for you.

John

Carrie_Lawson
Level 4

perfect! that is what i needed, didn't even think about using the toke here. Thank you!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Carrie,

pls close the question, so that it gets out of the radars 🙂

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Carrie,

One quick note, using the token for the Send Alert will only work in triggered campaigns. It sounds like that is how you are going to be using it but just wanted to mention it so you don't get tripped up.

Regards,

Sheila

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Sheila,

Unless it's a trigger.token then it will work in batch campaigns as well.  In this case, Carrie was wanting to use a token for an email address field in the Send Alert flow step in order to send to a different email address.  This email field token would work in a batch as well.

John

Carrie_Lawson
Level 4

ok, i did not receive an email when i tested this.  I tested it twice.  has anybody else had success with this?

Carrie_Lawson
Level 4

nvm...user error! sorry all

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Carrie,

Do you mind sharing how you managed to get it working? I'm trying to do the same thing, there's only 1 email address in the "Job Created By Email", but it just doesn't seem to work...

Is this what you did?

pastedImage_0.png