SOLVED

Re: Send Alert when Known Lead Returns to Site

Go to solution
Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

Send Alert when Known Lead Returns to Site

Seems simple, right? I've got it to work using acquisition date but there is a small glitch. If someone fills out a form on the site, we then get an alert email immediately after saying they are on the site. Well duh!

I've been scrolling through the various options for acquisition date (in the past, on or before, etc...) but I can't seem to find on that fixes this situation. I guess the ideal would be to have an option that says the acquisition date can't be today but I can't find a way to do that.

Or perhaps I'm going about this all wrong.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Duane,

Create a static list named "not new lead"

Create a smart campaign with trigger fills out form, flow steps

• Wait 10 minute (or 1 hour)
    • Add to list "Not New Lead"

Now, on the smart campaign that sends the alert, in the smart list, add the following filter:

• Member of list IS Not New Lead

And sets this campaign to execute only once a day.

-Greg

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

You could add a Smart Filter to your website alert campaign of:

Not Filled Out Form

Form Name is Any

And maybe add a date constraint or put it on a 1-2 minute delay. This should suppress the duplicate alert coming through, although I haven't tested it.

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

Thanks Jenn. I think this still leaves me in the same boat as I can't seem to say, exclude people today. It will only let me insert a hard date.

Unless I'm miss understanding your solution...

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

It's not that you want to exclude people who filled out the form today, per se. You want to exclude anyone who fills out the form so you're not getting duplicate alerts (as I understood it). So if you use the Smart List to filter out anyone who completed the form at any time, the website visit alert wouldn't trigger.

Geoff_Krajeski1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You could also use a filter where you Add Constraint with Date of Activity in past "X days" to limit who qualifies

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Duane,

Create a static list named "not new lead"

Create a smart campaign with trigger fills out form, flow steps

• Wait 10 minute (or 1 hour)
    • Add to list "Not New Lead"

Now, on the smart campaign that sends the alert, in the smart list, add the following filter:

• Member of list IS Not New Lead

And sets this campaign to execute only once a day.

-Greg

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

Thanks Greg. I think this will be the solution. Seems like the long way around when "today" could be a time parameter for the acquisition date filter... LOL.

I'm curious, why the 10 minute delay? I would think I would want them to go in the list immediately...

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Duane,

If you put them to the list immediately, as you do not control the execution order of the different smart campaigns, the "visit web page" associated to the form fill out may theoretically fire after and send the alert.

Now the delay would be 1 minute or 1 hour. Just set it so that everything that is supposed  to happen as a result to the form fillout occurs before it is added to the list and becomes eligible to the "returning  visitor" alert.

Also, setting it to 10 minutes will make sure that, when the alert triggers for the first time, either either it's a new session or, if it's the same, it's a very long one. You would even set this wait to 1 day or a few hours, and you would be sure that it would be a different session.

-Greg

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

Ok, I'll give it a shot.

Thanks!

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

As I read your explanation again, it makes total sense. Sometimes it's hard to wrap your head around how Marekto "thinks".

Thanks again.