Go to solution
Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Re: Send Alert to "None" but "To Other Emails" not working

They are Carrie

Brooke_Bartos1
Level 6 - Champion

Can you try leaving the "Send To" field blank, as opposed to stating None?

Carrie_Taylor
Level 2

I was just going to ask that same thing I usually leave it blank when I do Send Alerts.

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Just tried that but unfortunately they seem to still get skipped over them and send the wrong alert.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Let's not get distracted by the use of Add Choice. Does this exact same token work when there's only a single default choice? 

How are you verifying that the leads should have qualified for choice B or C, instead of the default, at the exact time the campaign ran?  Are you sure you don't have a race condition where values are not populated at the time you look for them?

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Hi Sanford.  Yes the token functions properly.  I also did check that those values are populated before the Send Alert Flow Step does get executed and they do.  Is this simply not a functionality when using the Send Alert Flow Step?  Do you have to select Sales Owner or Account Owner

SanfordWhiteman

Yes the token functions properly.

Meaning it sends to all leads in the list if there's only one Send Alert option (i.e. you don't hit Add Choice and there's only one possible list of recipients)?

Is this simply not a functionality when using the Send Alert Flow Step? Do you have to select Sales Owner or Account Owner

No, it works perfectly fine for me, which is why I think something else is happening -- either your token itself is broken (should be comma-delimited) or people aren't qualifying for your choices -- not that the token doesn't work.

also did check that those values are populated before the Send Alert Flow Step does get executed and they do

How are you checking the order of operations?  You can only use the token in a trigger, so you have to be using Request Campaign to trigger this campaign if the values are already settled on the lead.

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Meaning it sends to all leads in the list if there's only one Send Alert option (i.e. you don't hit Add Choice and there's only one possible list of recipients)?

Just tried that and the token functions properly.  It is comma-delimited.

How are you checking the order of operations? You can only use the token in a trigger, so you have to be using Request Campaign to trigger this campaign if the values are already settled on the lead.

This is a trigger campaign, triggered by a web form fill out in which UTM campaign and form comments get populated upon creation.  I looked into the activity logs of each test and those fields do populate before the alert is sent.  The Sent Alert activity is at the top of the activity log.

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

It must not be reading those field values for some reason

SanfordWhiteman

Trigger the campaign on Data Value Changes, not on Fills Out Form.

Then fill out the form as an existing lead and report your results.