SOLVED

Re: Send Alert to "None" but "To Other Emails" not working

Go to solution
Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Send Alert to "None" but "To Other Emails" not working

Hi All -

I am having some issues with a Send Alert flow step that has several Choices and seems to skip over some and goes through the default for a reason I can't figure out. The choices being skipped are set to "Send To: None" but "To Other Emails: some other emails".  We are basically looking to not have the alert go to a Sales Owner or Account Owner in certain circumstances but to "Other Emails".

Any ideas on why these choices would get skipped when they shouldn't?

See my attached screenshotSend Alert Flow Issue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

So I just copied the values that were in the flow steps choices, pasted back over, and click them in the drop down that pops up and that solved it.  Weird.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27
Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

I am not 100% sure but you can try using contains or not contains in choice 3 and 4. You can also check the lead activity if fields used in choice are being updated from the flow and they are not getting updated once alert has been sent.

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Thanks for the reply.  I have checked the lead activity and those values are populated before the Send Alert flow action and also just tried switching to contains and still isn't working.

Sant_Singh_Rath
Level 7

I think now only possible reason can be you are using multiple fields in the choice and single flow action. If you have this requirement create seperate send alert for each filed:

Once send alert for [Latest Form] Comment middle man field with multiple choice then
Another one for (Latest form) UTM campaign

and so on..

I hope this will work.

Best regards,
Sant Singh Rathaur
Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

That shouldn't be an issue since only the first Choice will apply in the Send Alert flow.  Also those are two different fields.  Not the same field.

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Is your campaign a batch or a trigger campaign?  If it's a batch campaign the tokens wont resolve and the alert cant send.  If it's a trigger campaign then they will.

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Thanks Steven.  It is a trigger campaign.

Carrie_Taylor
Level 2

Are you sure it is hitting the default step and not just qualifying on Choice 2?  Choice 2 is the same email send set up as the default. Since you have "not contains This is a TEST", you could have a records qualifying for this choice even if that field is blank. 

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

That was one mistake but now it doesn't send any alert to "The Other Emails"

Carrie_Taylor
Level 2

So...the other emails token isn't working in any of the Choices? Are the emails in that lead alert list all valid?  Are they separated by either a comma or a semicolon?