SOLVED

Re: Send Alert to notify Sales Rep for email send

Go to solution
Ronn_Burner
Level 4

Send Alert to notify Sales Rep for email send

How can I set up a campaign that would send a SINGLE Alert to notify a Sales Rep in real time of each email deployment? Obviously, I'm trying to avoid flooding their inbox as an alert would typically trigger for each account the Sales Rep is attributed to. I think the best way is simply to include a static list - or even a smart list - of each Sales Rep and incorporate that list with the deployment, however, our Execs do not want to do that and are asking for a single alert to notify them.

An additional layer to this is there will be multiple Reps attributed to each account as they handle different things for the client. So in a perfect world, I would like to build a Smart Campaign that would send a single email alert to multiple Sales Reps attributed to a single account per email deployment. I presume tokens will come into play here. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

you cannot do this.

Each Send Alert triggers on EACH lead, so the various ways I could suggest would almost certainly trigger dozens of alerts.

Instead, tell Sales yourself, or just add them to the seedlist.

1. create seed records in marketo
  2. add to List "Seed List"
  3. [Main Smart List for campaing] OR (Seed List)
  4. send

the sales team gets ONE email and they know about it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

you cannot do this.

Each Send Alert triggers on EACH lead, so the various ways I could suggest would almost certainly trigger dozens of alerts.

Instead, tell Sales yourself, or just add them to the seedlist.

1. create seed records in marketo
  2. add to List "Seed List"
  3. [Main Smart List for campaing] OR (Seed List)
  4. send

the sales team gets ONE email and they know about it.

Ronn_Burner
Level 4

I thought this might be the case - always good to get confirmation. Thank you for the response!