SOLVED

Send Alert is received twice

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send Alert is received twice

Hi All,

As we were testing an Click Monitoring campaign, if a lead clicks a link in email, we are receiving alert email twice instead of once. Any idea of why it is being sent twice by the system? Please do share your thoughts.

Many Thanks

Anand

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Send Alert is received twice

Hi Anand,

I would be very surprised that there is not 2 clicks... I have never seen Marketo executing a flow step or a whole smart campaign twice without reason.

-Greg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Anand Raj S,

Look at the lead activity log of the lead that triggered the alert and check by what campaign(s) the alert was sent. 3 possibilitites here :

1. 2 distinct smart campaigns are doing the same work
  2. you have 2 "send alert" flow steps in your flow (sorry, this seems very basic, but I had to mention it )
  3. You have 2 triggers in your smart campaign, and they are both firing (my favorite). Typically, if you have an "Opens email" a "clicks link in email" trigger, they will both fire and you will receive the alert twice. Remember that the smart list rule logic only applies to filters. For triggers, it's always an OR.

Pls also provide a screenshot of the smart list of the smart campaign, so that we can help you more.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Thanks for your quick response. I have attached the screenshots. One important thing to notice is, this issue happens only for two leads.

We have tested it out using 4 leads. But, particularly this happens only to 2 among 4 leads.

Many thanks

Anand

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Anand,

Can you confirm from the activity log of these 2 leads :

• That both alerts were sent by the same smart campaign?
  • That you have registered only one email click? I suspects they were both. This might be either that some one indeed clicked twice, potentially on different links, as your trigger uses a "contains" operator and not a "Is" operator.

If you have the same SC sending the alert and only 1 "click link in email" event, then call support!

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Thanks much for your time. We have the same SC sending the alert and only 1 "click link in email" event. Let me contact support.

Many thanks

Anand

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You sure you don't have this set to run Every Time?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Anand,

I would be very surprised that there is not 2 clicks... I have never seen Marketo executing a flow step or a whole smart campaign twice without reason.

-Greg