SOLVED

Segmentation in Email Templates

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Segmentation in Email Templates

Hi all,

I have a quick question regarding email templates. It is possible to add segmentations to email templates?

As an example: let's say I want to create an email template, but I want to segment a part of the email by country and add different content per country.

Is this possible and if so, what is the best way to implement this?

Kind Regards,

Ricky

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Re: Segmentation in Email Templates

Hi Ricky,

At email template level, this is not possible. It has to be done at email level.

If the content is semi-static (for instance an office address or some legal mentions), the easiest way is to use a snippet element in the template. It will only accept snippets as a content and you can even assign a default snippet to the zone. Then you can make the snippet dynamic so that it automatically displays the proper value.

-Greg

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Ricky,

At email template level, this is not possible. It has to be done at email level.

If the content is semi-static (for instance an office address or some legal mentions), the easiest way is to use a snippet element in the template. It will only accept snippets as a content and you can even assign a default snippet to the zone. Then you can make the snippet dynamic so that it automatically displays the proper value.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

And if you just want to serve up dynamic content (without snippets), follow the instructions here: Using Dynamic Content in a Email - Marketo Docs - Product Docs