SOLVED

Seeing Email History by Person

Go to solution
Nate_Dublin
Level 1

Seeing Email History by Person

I am trying to produce a report that will show which emails the People in my database have received this year. I have not ben able to find a way to do this. To be clear, I need a table with all my People on it, not just looking at them one at a time.

Has anyone been able to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Florin
Level 10

Re: Seeing Email History by Person

That's not possible from the Marketo UI.

But I wonder what your use case is. I mean, that report would be pretty difficult to read. Is it supposed to look like this?

Person A - Email 1, Email 2, Email 3

Person B - Email 1, Email 4, Email 6

Why would you want that for your complete database or a specific cohort of persons?

-----------

Some pointers: Many users export the activity histories to external databases to enable advanced reporting from there. Or - if you had a CRM with Sales Insight - you might see all emails that all contacts in an account have received.

Or: If you really mean it and want to see all emails in one field, you might populate a Marketo Custom Field "Complete Email History" with the program names a person is sent an email from. That would just require an additional flow step and a token in your Send Email flow step. But that would be something you would need to build going forward.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Michael_Florin
Level 10

That's not possible from the Marketo UI.

But I wonder what your use case is. I mean, that report would be pretty difficult to read. Is it supposed to look like this?

Person A - Email 1, Email 2, Email 3

Person B - Email 1, Email 4, Email 6

Why would you want that for your complete database or a specific cohort of persons?

-----------

Some pointers: Many users export the activity histories to external databases to enable advanced reporting from there. Or - if you had a CRM with Sales Insight - you might see all emails that all contacts in an account have received.

Or: If you really mean it and want to see all emails in one field, you might populate a Marketo Custom Field "Complete Email History" with the program names a person is sent an email from. That would just require an additional flow step and a token in your Send Email flow step. But that would be something you would need to build going forward.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Like Michael says, this isn't possible within the Marketo UI.

With an ongoing Activity Log extract it could be built offline, although Email Delivered and Email Sent activities age out after 90 days, so it's too late for you to get all of those for 2020, even if you started extracting now.