SOLVED

Re: Seed Lists and Communication Limits

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seed Lists and Communication Limits

Hi all,

The Marketing Operations Team at my company recently decided to seed ourselves on each batch campaign. However, our instance has some strict communication limits (i.e. 1 email per day and 2 per week). Tomorrow we will be sending two batch emails and I am wondering if there is anyway our seed list can bypass these strict comm limits? Does anyone have any ideas for a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

-Megan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That's not true. Communication limits apply to default programs as well, if a smart campaign is included that sends an email:

pastedImage_1.png

What I would do Megan is setup a separate smart campaign to send the same email to your seed list - but for this campaign, disable the blocking of the email, regardless of comms limits (deselect the checkbox) - like Amber mentioned below:

pastedImage_2.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

DIY email counter?

2 custom score fields for emails per day and emails per week

3 smart campaigns - 1 trigger to increment both fields each time email is sent (except for seed emails), 1 batch to reset daily count and 1 batch to reset weekly count

your email program filters will always include emails per day < 2 and emails per week < 3

Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

Hi Megan

Communication limits apply only to the email and engagement program types. Read here.

You can use a default program to send your emails, include your seed list in the smart list, and they should get the emails from both the batches. Hope this helps.

pastedImage_3.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Rachit! We currently use default programs for our batch sends, so this is very helpful. Thank you!

Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

Megan Rublee​ If this resolves your query, can you please mark this as resolved and also mark the correct answer?

Dan_Stevens_

That's not true. Communication limits apply to default programs as well, if a smart campaign is included that sends an email:

pastedImage_1.png

What I would do Megan is setup a separate smart campaign to send the same email to your seed list - but for this campaign, disable the blocking of the email, regardless of comms limits (deselect the checkbox) - like Amber mentioned below:

pastedImage_2.png

Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

I tested at my end to send an email, and the communication limits were ignored in a campaign under the Default Program Type.

Dan_Stevens_

Hmm, did you enable the limits within the qualification rules? Are you sure your test group received production emails (and not just tests/samples)?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan! Thanks, I think this is the approach I will use!

Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

The way that we do it is I have a separate campaign specifically for our seed list. This way our normal campaign send can follow the limits that we have set up. Then on our seed list campaign, we set that one to ignore our communication limits. (We don't use the email programs, so if you're using that, it can change.)

pastedImage_0.png