See who has edited an email

Anonymous
Not applicable

See who has edited an email

Hi all,

I am trying to find out if we can see a list of all the occurrences where someone has gone in and made edits to an email asset along with a timestamp?

Thank you!

10 REPLIES 10
Michael_White
Level 5

Re: See who has edited an email

You can -- Audit Trail is your friend here.

You can find it by going to Admin > Security > Audit Trail.

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Right. And just apply the filter of "Asset Type" to "Email". If you want to drill down to a specific email asset, select that email from "Asset Name". If you want to drill down to edits an individual has made, select that user from "Users".

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Thanks,  what about Nurture campaigns? 

Devraj_Grewal

Trinity,

No problem, you can just select "Engagement program" from asset type and the "Asset Name" is the name of the nurture program.

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Thanks for replying so quickly Devraj!   When I chose Engagement Program, the Asset Name was grayed out...very frustrating, all I want to see is who edited Email 2 of the Nurture campaign...but it's not giving me that info at the moment.  It says "Sorry we don't have that info"  but it will give me all the audits to regular email programs. 

Devraj_Grewal

Oh I thought you meant who edited the engagement program. If you're looking for the audit of an email, even if it's in an engagement program, just select "asset type: email".

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Sorry yeah, I want to view who edited email 2 in the engagement program, I tried it this way too using Email as the Asset Type,  but Marketo isn't bringing up the correct Asset Name, which is Email 2.  And then if I use Engagement Program as Asset Type, Asset Name is grayed out.  Hmmmmm??  Something up with our instance maybe? 

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

How long ago are you thinking the asset was edited? You can only view 30 days' worth of data in your instance, but can obtain up to six months' worth using the export option.

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Hi Jenn, It would only have been a day or two before I tried to examine the change that the edit was made.  Thanks for the extra tip on exports, that's super helpful!  -T