SOLVED

Re: Search lead by marketo id?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Search lead by marketo id?

Is it possible to search for a lead by their marketo ID? I want to know who this person is:

mkto-####.com/d40422Du260EW01Qq910221

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grant_Booth
Level 10

That looks like a tracked link out of an email. The number at the end isn't actually the lead ID, it's a unique string which identifies that particular lead, email, and destination URL - there's not a way to search by it. The best way to find out who it is would be to clear your browser's cookies, and then click the link (so it cookies you as that lead) and then go to form on a Marketo landing page which has prefill enabled - it should prefill with that person's email address. Then be sure to clear your cookies when you're done, and keep in mind that whatever activities you've done (clicking the link, visiting a web page) will have been recorded to that lead's activity log.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That looks like a marketo munchkin token. I do not think you can easily back into which lead has that.

the URL for an id usually looks like ?allid=111111
Marie_Ligier
Level 4

Hi Jason,

I managed to find leads from their IDs using the following path (111111 being the lead ID you need to add)

/leadDatabase/loadLeadDetail?leadId=1111111

I hope it's still helpful!

Marie
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marie, fantastic, I can't wait to try it out.

Grant_Booth
Level 10

That looks like a tracked link out of an email. The number at the end isn't actually the lead ID, it's a unique string which identifies that particular lead, email, and destination URL - there's not a way to search by it. The best way to find out who it is would be to clear your browser's cookies, and then click the link (so it cookies you as that lead) and then go to form on a Marketo landing page which has prefill enabled - it should prefill with that person's email address. Then be sure to clear your cookies when you're done, and keep in mind that whatever activities you've done (clicking the link, visiting a web page) will have been recorded to that lead's activity log.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Zombie thread, but Enrique Arana​​ Jason Webber​​ you actually can search by a personalized branding URL as long as the original destination link was a landing page (as opposed to a direct file download). 

When a lead is redirected from your branding domain to an LP running Munchkin, the referrer of the ensuing Visit Web Page activity is the branding URL.

pastedImage_2.png