SOLVED

Scoring Qualification Rule Clarification

Go to solution
Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

Scoring Qualification Rule Clarification

Here's what I want to do: I want to give a lead 2 points on their score for clicking a link in a given email, and I want to limit that increase in score to once per email.

Here's what I've got: I have a behavior score set to give a lead 2 points for clicking a link in any email. Up until now, I had the qualification rule set up to allow the lead to run through the campaign flow each time because I want them to be able to do this on more than one email. However, now I've noticed that people are getting scored if they open the email several times and click on the link various times throughout the week.

Question: If I set this to only run the lead through the campaign flow once, will this limit them to be scored on only one link in one email? Or will they be able to be scored for one link PER email? If it limits them to be scored on only one link in one email and that's it, then how would I set this up to allow them to run through the flow once PER email?

Thank you!

-Marisa

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
John_Clark1
Level 10

Re: Scoring Qualification Rule Clarification

Hi Marisa,

Setting the campaign to allow them through only one time will make it so they only get scored on one link in one email, ever.

If you want to have them scored once per link/email, then you would need to have one campaign per email.  There isn't any way to have a broad smart list like Clicks Link In Email > Is Any, and restrict the number of times they can be scored per email.

You have to have a broad qualification and deal with the multiple scores, or narrow your qualification by building more smart campaigns that will let you set the scheduling/timing.

John

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would allow you to run through once, so only one link on one email.

John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Marisa,

Setting the campaign to allow them through only one time will make it so they only get scored on one link in one email, ever.

If you want to have them scored once per link/email, then you would need to have one campaign per email.  There isn't any way to have a broad smart list like Clicks Link In Email > Is Any, and restrict the number of times they can be scored per email.

You have to have a broad qualification and deal with the multiple scores, or narrow your qualification by building more smart campaigns that will let you set the scheduling/timing.

John

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

John, you're the man today. Thank you!