SOLVED

Re: Scoring: How to set limitation in "run through" campaigns?

Go to solution
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Scoring: How to set limitation in "run through" campaigns?

Hello,

I would like that we don't give additional scoring when a lead downloads more than 3 assets a day or 5 assets a week.
In other words, if we are giving +10 for white papers. I would like that people don't get more han 30 points per day for white paper downloads or 50 points a week. Our marketing ops team say that I cannot have 2 limitations for a scoring (day and week limit) and that the only constraint is "run once every xx". Do you confirm? How would you then translate my limit ? every 34 hours?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

I don't think you can say 5x a week in the scoring program itself. Your choices are "only once, once every ___, every time".

I'd probably handle this in a creative way using additional smart campaigns. For example (this is very high level and off the top of my head, so hasn't been tested, etc.), you could create another campaign that looks for the trigger of score was changed (or activity was logged) at least 3 times in the last day or at least 5 times in the last week with the flow step being add to list. Then on your original scoring campaign you put in a filter constraint that the lead can not be a member of that list. You will also need another smart campaign that removes people from the list so they can get scored in the future. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, do something like

Lead can run through 3 times per day.

OR

Lead can run through 5 times per week

not both in 1 flow.

It may be possible to run two separate flows that say

1. Run up to 3 times in 1 day
2. if lead has dowloaded paper at least 3 times, but less than 5, then ok to run through 2 more times in 7 days.

not 100% sure this would work well.
Cecile_Maindron
Level 10

Josh so do you confirm that we can say run through 5 times a week? Marketing Ops said that we can only say, only once every xx .
Amy_Lepre
Level 7

I don't think you can say 5x a week in the scoring program itself. Your choices are "only once, once every ___, every time".

I'd probably handle this in a creative way using additional smart campaigns. For example (this is very high level and off the top of my head, so hasn't been tested, etc.), you could create another campaign that looks for the trigger of score was changed (or activity was logged) at least 3 times in the last day or at least 5 times in the last week with the flow step being add to list. Then on your original scoring campaign you put in a filter constraint that the lead can not be a member of that list. You will also need another smart campaign that removes people from the list so they can get scored in the future.