SOLVED

Re: Score decay triggering MQL - How do I stop this from happening?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Score decay triggering MQL - How do I stop this from happening?

Hi everyone!

We have a score decay smart campaign running that subtracts 20 pts if a lead has no activity over a certain period of time. However, if that lead has a status of "recycle" and the -20pts still has them over the threashold of an MQL, they automatically get MQL-ed again triggering an alert to the sales rep. The MQL campaign is triggered by score is changed, new value is over 70pts.

Is there a smartlist filter I can add or something else I can do to prevent score decay being picked up be the MQL campaign?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Lia,

Instead of focusing on the score decay campaign campaign, change the MQL'ing campaign. 2 ways of doing this :

• Add a filter to the MQL campaign that filters out leads that already MQL, SQL or Opportunity (and any other criteria that you see fit)
  • For your MQL campaign, use a "Data Value Change" trigger instead of the "Score is changed". The "Data Value Changed" can have 2 constraints that will enable you to fire the campaign only for leads that cross he threshold in the up way:
    • New value as least [Threshold]
    • Previous value less than [Threshold]

-Greg

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Hey Lia,

I had a similar issue I ran into for my score based MQL rules. The way I got around that was by checking when their last activity occurred. Since I have my score decay get triggered if they have no activity in 30 days, I added some filters to my MQL rules checking for an activity in the last 29 days.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Lia,

Instead of focusing on the score decay campaign campaign, change the MQL'ing campaign. 2 ways of doing this :

• Add a filter to the MQL campaign that filters out leads that already MQL, SQL or Opportunity (and any other criteria that you see fit)
  • For your MQL campaign, use a "Data Value Change" trigger instead of the "Score is changed". The "Data Value Changed" can have 2 constraints that will enable you to fire the campaign only for leads that cross he threshold in the up way:
    • New value as least [Threshold]
    • Previous value less than [Threshold]

-Greg

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

this is the way!

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Good call on the Data Value Changed filter/trigger. I had forgotten all about that.

Paul_Drago
Level 2

Hey Lia,

Another thing to consider if you don't need the higher scores for a particular reason (Score in range N go to place X, scores in range N+1 go to place Y) you may want to consider trimming the top of your scale when you recycle a lead-- so it goes down to a point below your MQL threshold.