SOLVED

Scheduling Emails: Avoiding Overlap

Go to solution
Ande_Kempf4
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Scheduling Emails: Avoiding Overlap

Is there a way for Marketo to inform you if you are overlapping scheduling times for different campaigns?  For example: we send event emails to 3 separate regions 3 times a week and collateral emails 3 times a week for each region.  I was wondering if there was a way to avoid accidently scheduling emails to send at the same time or day.

Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Scheduling Emails: Avoiding Overlap

We do a couple of things in our company.

* Email Calendar is great

However, at times it is still difficult to coordinate using the calendar. To avoid over sending to folks, we put an email limit in place on the back end of Marketo. The limit is no more than 2 emails per 7 days to anyone with the exception of operation emails. This really helps us avoid over-emailing folks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

We do a couple of things in our company.

* Email Calendar is great

However, at times it is still difficult to coordinate using the calendar. To avoid over sending to folks, we put an email limit in place on the back end of Marketo. The limit is no more than 2 emails per 7 days to anyone with the exception of operation emails. This really helps us avoid over-emailing folks.
Ande_Kempf4
Level 5 - Champion Alumni

Thanks Nichole!  How do you implement an e-mail limit in Marketo?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the question, What's the best practice on no. of emails per week? I've seen the entire range and feel that our communication limit is very linient. Before I make our limit more stringent, I am curious to know what's the optimum balance in a B2B enviornment.
Bruce_Jeffers
Level 4

@Ande, you can set a daily and weekly email limit in the Admin area.
Admin --> Communication Limits