SOLVED

Schedule stream based on lead field

Go to solution
Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

Schedule stream based on lead field

Hopefully I'm saying this correctly...

I have an engagement program that will send 3 emails. Right now, it sends the email based on a weekly Monday and Thursday schedule using what looks like the only option available to me for an engagement program.

The people that get in this engagement program are imported on a daily basis and in the import, there is a visit date. Ideally, the stream would send the first email in the stream 3 days after the visit date instead of just Monday or Thursday as set in the program. Is it possible to send based on visit date or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Need more info? Just ask for what I may be missing.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Schedule stream based on lead field

Hi Duane,

As Jamie says, that's the way the Engagement Stream works. It's designed to nurture leads by sending emails according to a regular cadence.

Here is what I would do:

1. Remove the first email (let's call it Email-1) from the stream

2. Create a separate program outside the Engagement Program that sends Email-1 3 days after the visit date and then adds the lead to the Engagement Program. If you are concerned this might mean they receive Email-2 too quickly due to the timing of the visit date and the Engagement Stream cast, you can add a wait step before you add them to the EP.

Denise

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is how the engagement stream works.  What you can do is create a program with the proper wait time and drag that as an entry into your engagement stream.  This will give you more granular control over the cadence then dragging in a simple email asset would.

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

Hey Jamie, thanks for the response.

So do I create 1 program with all the current assets and campaigns that are currently in the engagement program and then just drop that 1 program into the stream?

Just a little confused on the set up... Current assets in the engagement program are 3 emails, 2 forms, 2 landing pages, 1 list and 5 campaigns. I need to remove leads from the list and engagement program when they become exhausted or if they perform a form fill out.

Assuming this is all possible...?

Thanks. Hopefully not beyond the scope of a forum post.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Duane,

Re: "I need to remove leads from the list and engagement program when they become exhausted or if they perform a form fill out." You'll want to setup a campaign that changes the leads' cadence to "paused" rather than remove them when you want them to stop going through the nurture. Here is a reference:

Pause Leads in an Engagement Program - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

There's no need to pause them when they have exhausted all the content. The Engagement Program will automatically stop sending them emails at that point (unless and until you add a new email - or email blast program - to the stream).

I typically have 3 folders within each Engagement Program:

1. Entry & Exit Processing (contains programs for Adding leads to the EP and pausing them)

2. Email Programs (contains the email programs - including Landing Pages and Forms, if any)

3. Reports (contains... guess what? )

You'll also want program status campaigns - sometimes I put these within each Email Program; other times it's easier to centralize them in their own folder.

If you need more help let me know. I've built a lot of these.

Denise

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Duane,

As Jamie says, that's the way the Engagement Stream works. It's designed to nurture leads by sending emails according to a regular cadence.

Here is what I would do:

1. Remove the first email (let's call it Email-1) from the stream

2. Create a separate program outside the Engagement Program that sends Email-1 3 days after the visit date and then adds the lead to the Engagement Program. If you are concerned this might mean they receive Email-2 too quickly due to the timing of the visit date and the Engagement Stream cast, you can add a wait step before you add them to the EP.

Denise

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thats correct, as Denise says you add the program directly to the stream

Duane_Kennerson
Level 4

Ah, this makes perfect sense.

Thanks Denise and Jamie!

Anonymous
Not applicable