Saving Filters and Parameters in RCE

Rachel_Egan
Level 7

Saving Filters and Parameters in RCE

I am trying to pull a variety of reports for specific programs. There are a lot of programs that I need to select, so it's difficult to do so when I have to do it manually. I'm wondering if there is a way to save a filter and access it in other reports.

I thought that this was what the "Parameter Name" option was at the bottom of my filter, but I can't figure out how to call on it in a different program.

Help with filters and/or parameter names would be helpful.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Saving Filters and Parameters in RCE

I agree - this can be very painful.  Even if it was possible to copy/paste the filter values across reports would be helpful.  I would love to see a more object-based approach to using filters - define it once, use across multiple reports.

Josh_Hill13

There are several approaches:

1. Name your programs consistently so you can use Program Name STARTS WITH...
  2. Filter by Program Channel Type
  3. Filter by Tag. If you setup your tags right, all sorts of things fall into place.
  4. Create it once, then copy the report and use Save As.
Dan_Stevens_

All good approaches, Josh. But when you're filtering on values contained in the lead record, like country name, it gets pretty tedious to replicate these same filters across multiple reports. And creating a master is fine - it's the maintenance of these reports over time should the filters need to be changed.