Re: Sample / Test Emails Not Sending

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

Here is an email I received from Support at 2:30PM EDT in response to both Sample Emails not sending and batch emails having a huge delay: "The issue is still awaiting a patch. There are production emails going out, but as you are experiencing, the pace is very slow. The engineers have all of the information and are working towards a resolution."

We do not have a dedicated IP either so the message on the support page is incorrect.

Marketo truly should be notifying their customers of this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a followup to this. I spoke with Marketo Support just a bit ago. They are stating that functionality is back to normal for new emails going out, however bulk emails that were send prior to today are going out slowly and they are still investigating why. I have not tested this yet to prove it emails today are going out at a normal pace or not.

I also asked why customers were not notified. The response was that it was on the status page and case page. I told them I was seriously disappointed because that is not notifying your customers by any means. The support rep told me I could "make an idea in the community about it or work with our account team to see if it can be implemented". Overall, I am very disappointed with their lack of notifications to customers about this issue.

Sarah_Cassell
Level 1

Hi Jenn, We were having the same issue. My colleague submitted a service desk ticket and this was the response she received from Marketo:

"Our Engineering and Operations teams have identified an issue with emails not being successfully delivered.

Campaigns and programs will show that the emails have been sent but none of them delivered. This is affecting sample email sends as well.

We apologize for the trouble and we are treating this problem as a Priority 1 Emergency. I’ll provide you with updates as soon as new information is available.

We appreciate your patience while we resolve this and our teams are actively working to restore services as soon as possible. "

Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Appears to be resolved now? #thankgoodness

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm wary.  At times, companies will announce the problem has been fixed, and it turns out not to be fixed for some people.  Other times, the fix can create issues in other parts of the software.  I'm going to hold off on feeling relieved until I know for sure the issue has been genuinely fixed for everyone without consequences to other parts of Marketo.

Heather_Padgett
Level 3

I still have a ton waiting to go out... and a ton haven't been delivered... so I'm guessing not fixed for everyone.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did anyone get word from Marketo as to whether or not the emails that did *not* deliver will get pushed through?

We had a webinar invite go out today and are wondering if we can count on the ~70% undelivered to be sent later OR if we should just plan to create a new email send for another day.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Jasmine,

We noticed that ours are starting to go through but we have high bounce rates. When you click the details on the bounce it says "Cannot connect".

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I noticed that ours all seemed to push through and we had a decent delivery rate (around 95%!) But I'm not sure when those emails actually sent out. I need to dive into it further.

Tom_Kerlin2
Level 8

Hi Jenn,

I'm sharing another discussion thread since I think it relates...I've commented on deliverability issues we've been experiencing as well as send sample email feature not working.

Low deliverability rates?

-Tom

Tom Kerlin