SOLVED

Same Email Address in Two Separate Lead Partitions

Go to solution
Celestine_Pham
Level 1

Same Email Address in Two Separate Lead Partitions

Hi everyone, 

Issue: I exist in two different lead partitions. It seems my lead from Partition A is cookied in my browser and so when I fill out a form on a Marketo LP from Partition B, all of that is mapped to my lead record in Partition A. I have custom dedupe rules set up and am specifying which partition the lead should go into upon form submission, but that doesn't seem to be working either.

I've seen this post: https://developers.marketo.com/blog/clearing-marketo-tracking-cookie-from-forms-2-0-submission/ and this post: https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Product-Discussions/Non-trackable-landing-page-is-still-identifying-me... on this issue but still have not been able to resolve my issue. Yes, I made sure to add the script after my form script and I'd turned off Munchkin tracking on the LP template to no avail. I've chatted with Marketo support about this problem and they've suggested the solution of creating subdomains for each partition, but this doesn't like a viable solution for us. 

Am I implementing the script wrong? Does it not work for my use case? Is there an alternative solution?

Issue: 

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Celestine_Pham
Level 1

Re: Same Email Address in Two Separate Lead Partitions

It was solved! The partition name of Partition B was written to the lead record on Partition A since it was included in the form--and I had filled out the form prior to adding the script. Clearing out the partition name field on the lead record in Partition A and then filling out the updated form resulted in the activity being properly mapped to the lead record in Partition B.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Celestine_Pham
Level 1

@SanfordWhiteman I'd messaged you privately but decided public input could be more useful for everyone! Would love your input here if you have any! Thanks in advance

Celestine_Pham
Level 1

It was solved! The partition name of Partition B was written to the lead record on Partition A since it was included in the form--and I had filled out the form prior to adding the script. Clearing out the partition name field on the lead record in Partition A and then filling out the updated form resulted in the activity being properly mapped to the lead record in Partition B.