SOLVED

Salesforce Sync with Lead Partitions Best Practices

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Sync with Lead Partitions Best Practices

Hi All,

I'm fairly new to workspaces and partitions and am wondering if you guys have any tips around syncing to Salesforce.com for an org that has multiple partitions, not all of which should be synced with SFDC.

Here's the setup that I have:

Worspace: Corporate
  • Partition A
  • Partition B
  • Partition C
  • Partition D
Workspace A
  • Partition A
Workspace B
  • Partition B
Workspace C
  • Partition C
Workspace D
  • Partition D

Only A and B should be syncing back to SFDC, and C and D should never go to Salesforce.com.

How do you keep the sync to SFDC clean?

Do you create a "Sync to SFDC" smart campaign in the Corporate workspace with conditions about partitions? ie Smart List = Partition A + B, Flow "Sync to SFDC"?

Is there anything else I'm missing?

Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Salesforce Sync with Lead Partitions Best Practices

That could work.

Are WS C and D also have a lead lifecycle and are you using Program SFDC Campaign Sync?

If you are using Campaign Sync, then you need to turn that off in WS C and D.

An alternative is to identify leads in C and D with a flag: Sync to SFDC? T/F and that any leads in those partitions are marked as FALSE and leads in A and B are marked as TRUE. Then adjust your Marketo User so that SFDC rejects any lead marked as FALSE.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

That could work.

Are WS C and D also have a lead lifecycle and are you using Program SFDC Campaign Sync?

If you are using Campaign Sync, then you need to turn that off in WS C and D.

An alternative is to identify leads in C and D with a flag: Sync to SFDC? T/F and that any leads in those partitions are marked as FALSE and leads in A and B are marked as TRUE. Then adjust your Marketo User so that SFDC rejects any lead marked as FALSE.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - how would you do this "Then adjust your Marketo User so that SFDC rejects any lead marked as FALSE"?