SOLVED

Re: Salesforce Sync for the first time SF

Go to solution
Matthew_Morgan
Level 1

Salesforce Sync for the first time SF

Hello legends, we've been running Marketo WITHOUT a CRM for the last couple of years.  I've now purchased Salesforce Professional and am trying to sync the two systems.  I've created the right fields to map, reset the security token and all, but I keep getting this error message - can anyone point me in the right direction please?Salesforce API.png

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You must check API Enabled for the user in Salesforce Admin.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

You must check API Enabled for the user in Salesforce Admin.
Matthew_Morgan
Level 1

Awesome, but I can't for the life of me work out how to enable this.  It isn't an option in User Permissions in SF Admin.  Also been reading a couple of threads on here that SF Professional no longer works with Marketo and I'll need to upgrade to Enterprise... is that why I'm lost.  Thanks

Matthew_Morgan
Level 1

OK, this is my issue to resolve today - any help would be greatly appreciated?  I've asked the Salesforce community too 🙂  Many thanks in advance.

Matthew_Morgan
Level 1

OK, so we have the two systems connected, API enabled and security tokens accepted.  I've mapped all the fields and feel confident the sync will work.  However, before I hit the "Start Salesforce Sync" button, some of the wording is making me nervous.  I've +300k records in Marketo and 0 in Salesforce.  The wording says:

This will open your Salesforce.com account and copy all of the data over to Marketo.This may take several hours to complete.

Note: No Salesforce information is changed during this process.

Errr, does that mean SF will delete all my data in Marketo?  I thought this was a 2-way sync.

Thanks in advance, anyone who can help?

SanfordWhiteman

Don't worry about that! The warning is just telling you that the initial interaction with SFDC is read-only in terms of the SFDC API calls.