SOLVED

Salesforce Sync Options

Go to solution
Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Salesforce Sync Options

Hello,

If i uncheck an activity from the Salesforce Sync options, will that activity still be tracked in Marketo?

There is certain activity I don't want pushed to SFDC, but would like for it to remain in Marketo.

Screenshot for reference.

Thank You!sfdc-sync-options.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Salesforce Sync Options

Hi Malik, yes. All activities will still be tracked in Marketo, even if they aren't synced.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Malik, yes. All activities will still be tracked in Marketo, even if they aren't synced.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Thanks Dory Viscogliosi​ !

Edward_Masson
Level 10

Bear this in mind, this will add much to your database size for activities in your SFDC if checking all of the above. Only if you're dealing with millions of records, the increase in size of your activity database in SFDC can push your over your allowed limit.

Many years ago we ran in to this issue and had to turn off nearly all of the check boxes and went with Marketo sales Insight for just key milestones for Sales teams.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

In order to activity to show up in Marketo Sales Insight, do you have to create an interesting moment smart campaign in Marketo? I know we have one for filling out forms, clicking links in emails and visiting key pages. If I wanted to track open emails and delivered emails, would i have to create an interesting moment in Marketo?

Edward_Masson
Level 10

Your correct.

The real engine of Marketo, you will be creating smart campaigns listening to key activities in real time and process them with Interesting Moments.

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

If you have MSI, there's no need to create an interesting moment for every email delivered/opened/clicked. That will come across MSI regardless.

Mikes_Jones
Level 8

Correct, but by relying only on MSI, doesn't that mean the moments wouldn't be tracked under each lead's activity in Marketo, only in SF?

Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

All deliveries, opens, clicks, etc will be in the Marketo record regardless of whether you're using MSI or Interesting Moments.