Re: Salesforce Sync Error-Marketo unable to log into SFDC because the username/password no longer wo

Aelia_Haider
Level 2

Salesforce Sync Error-Marketo unable to log into SFDC because the username/password no longer work

Hi,

So we recently changed the Salesforce password of the MarketoSync Id, updated the new password and security token on Marketo. But I'm still getting this sync error. The id is not locked out either. Please help.

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

Re: Salesforce Sync Error-Marketo unable to log into SFDC because the username/password no longer wo

Hi,

If possible, please post the screenshot of the error. Also, below are the few useful links which you can try:

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Product-Blogs/Troubleshooting-SFDC-Sync-with-Marketo-Issues-Common/ba-...

https://nation.marketo.com/t5/Knowledgebase/Troubleshooting-your-SFDC-Sync/ta-p/248364

Harish Gupta
Aelia_Haider
Level 2

Hey,

I've been through these resources and have already checked the permissions/requirements and other troubleshooting elements mentioned. The sync just stops working every morning and I get this error notification:

Salesforce Sync Error

Why: Marketo is unable to log into your Salesforce account because the username/password credentials no longer work.
Error details: Invalid username, password, security token; or user locked out.
What to do now?
Update the credentials and try again.

Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

This usually works:

1. Disable the sync (this keeps Marketo from attempting to log in while you're changing things)

2. Double check that the user isn't locked

3. Reset the password

4. Reset the token (don't use the one automatically generated, you should force it to reset)

5. Enter the new password and token.

6. Enable the sync.

Aelia_Haider
Level 2

Hey,

I followed these steps yesterday and the sync worked for the day but has disabled again today. 

Q_Metrix
Level 1

I am also having this issue. I have reset my SaleForce password and token and tried to re add but I keep getting the error that the logins I have are incorrect (definitely not incorrect).

Has anyone been able to solve this issue?

Thank you.

Regards,

Storm