SOLVED

Re: Salesforce Object Sync - User

Go to solution
Ben_Neal1
Level 2

Salesforce Object Sync - User

In Salesforce I have a lookup from Account to User representing the service lead for an Account. I want to sync the User object through that lookup relationship into Marketo. I have provided all the necessary permissions for our sync/integration user, but the field and object doesn't show up under "Salesforce Object Sync" after syncing the schema. I can see the permissions are in good shape, but I suspect there is a limitation in Marketo that doesn't allow you to sync the User object through the Salesforce Object Sync. Is that correct?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

That's correct.  User already syncs to Marketo by default to populate fields relating to Sales Owner.  There is no way to customize what fields on the User table sync to Marketo and you can't use custom fields on the User object in Marketo.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

That's correct.  User already syncs to Marketo by default to populate fields relating to Sales Owner.  There is no way to customize what fields on the User table sync to Marketo and you can't use custom fields on the User object in Marketo.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

This is one of the ideas listed here: Marketo / salesforce integration needs a serious overhaul, don't you "sync"? , 3rd section.

-Greg

Petyr_Campos
Level 2

Thanks for the info. just to confirm what I've read on this tread. You're both saying you cannot sync specific user fields like "role" or "profile" from the user object to Marketo, correct?  Any there is no way for MKTO support to manually sync the field for us, correct?