Salesforce Marketo sync

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Marketo sync

Hi,

We are syncing Salesforce and Marketo for the very first time. From Marketo documentation looks like security token is mandatory for Salesforce connection. But in the sync screen, the security token screen is not a mandatory field.

I did not try to sync as the message said “Once Marketo and Salesforce are synced, there is no switching to another Salesforces subscription.”.

Just wanted to know if we can sync Marketo and Salesforce without security token?

We have IP ranges set for all the profiles in Salesforce and we can login to Salesforce APIs using Username and Password only without security token.

Thanks,

Rajni

3 REPLIES 3
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Salesforce Marketo sync

Step 3 of 3: Connect Marketo and Salesforce (Enterprise/Unlimited) - Marketo Docs - Product Document...

While the token field in the screenshot is "not required" per se, you must enter it in for SFDC to permit access for Marketo. I am unsure why you would have setup SFDC API Users to operate this way.

If you created IP authentication on SFDC, then you need to ensure Marketo's POD IP is enabled on SFDC side for this to work. You may want to discuss this with Marketo Support or look for the IP ranges in the Marketo docs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Josh. Does Marketo support Oauth?

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

check the docs? i haven't seen that here.