Re: Salesforce - Marketo Data Discrepancy

ItayOved
Level 2

Salesforce - Marketo Data Discrepancy

Hi all!

As the new Marketo admin in our company, recently I found out that we have some major data discrepancy between Salesforce and Marketo, in general, but mainly, in the account level. The data is most reliable in Salesforce and since Marketo is supposed to only receive fresh data and updates I wonder what is causing that. It seems that the latest data (from 2020) is 90% correlated but a lot from previous years (2015),  is not.

1. Has anyone encountered a situation like this before and did you understand what was causing that (Marketo or Salesforce)?

2. How did you solve that? 

3. Is there an option to batch push data from Salesforce to Marketo?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

It happens when we add/delete data in one system and don't update the other. You should keep both systems identical. Find out the gaps where the sync is getting failed and not syncing the data back to Marketo/SFDC and fix those. And if you already know the data which is available in one and not in other then do the mass update on those records and then those will sync back automatically. From Salesforce to Marketo, you can use the data loader tool, and from Marketo to Salesforce you can use sync to SFDC for the mass update.

Harish Gupta
ItayOved
Level 2

Thanks, @Harish_Gupta6!

I am not familiar with Salesforce tools but is the Data Loader supposed to provide one-time sync? I want to make sure we're fixing this recurring issue as a final solution for past and future syncs, not only for this once time.

Thanks!

Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

yes, the Data loader is a one-time solution. You can do any dummy update on the records in Salesforce and then Salesforce will sync those with Marketo. Also to keep an eye on sync issue,  you can prepare a few reports, eg 

Records which are only available in Marketo and not in Salesforce (Use filter "SFDC type is empty")

Records which are deleted from Salesforce and available in Marketo (Use Is deleted filter)

Subscribe the sync notification to your inbox so you will receive an email whenever there is a sync failure.

I would suggest you to first clean up your system by building these reports and then start the fix for pushing records from SFDC to Marketo by either data import or data loader tool.

Thanks

Harish Gupta