Re: Salesforce Leads - Trigger Owner Re-assignment from Marketo

haliddelkic
Level 2

Salesforce Leads - Trigger Owner Re-assignment from Marketo

Dear Marketo community,

Does anyone know if it’s possible to trigger Lead Owner re-assignment of an existing Salesforce lead using Marketo? And if so, how?

My Scenario

We’re exploring options to sync all Marketo records to SFDC, including pre-MQLs. 

Pre-MQLs currently exist in the Marketo environment only. 

The rationale is to assign pre-MQLs to the Marketo Sync SFDC user profile during the initial sync.

Once a lead qualifies as an MQL, lead ownership should re-assign to the relevant salesperson according to the active Salesforce assignment rules.

Already tried...

..the Change Owner flow step. However this option forces you to select a specific named SFDC user.

While this is the obvious option, I'm curious if there are any workaround possibilities where we don't need to re-build the same assignment rules in Marketo that already exist in Salesforce. 

I also did a test on an existing lead record using the Sync Person to SFDC flow step with “Use Auto-Assignment Rules” but didn’t really expect this to work. And it didn't. 

Any thoughts, ideas, comments…chuck them my way.

Thanks in advance. 

Capture.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Michael_Florin
Level 10

I guess this depends on your Salesforce setup, but we for instance need to set the field "RunAssignmentRules" to TRUE in order to have Salesforce's assignment rules kick in.

Salytics
Level 3