Salesforce Events in Marketo?

Yoav_Guttman1
Level 4

Salesforce Events in Marketo?

Is it possible to see Salesforce events and fields that live in events in Marketo so I can use those fields to run campaigns?

12 REPLIES 12
Chris_Johnston
Level 8

Re: Salesforce Events in Marketo?

Yoav_Guttman1
Level 4

Thanks. i dont think thats exactly what i am talking about.

What i mean is looking at SFDC Event fields and triggering marketo actions based on that, e.g. when a salesperson logs a call, i want to trigger a campaign based on that action based on the Event Field Type. For us, thats Call - Connected, Call - LVM, etc.

Loren_Posendek
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

Hi Yoav, you can use the 'Activity' triggers for this - SFDC Sync: Activity Sync - Marketo Docs - Product Docs. By default, the 'subject' is the constraint, so you'd have to ensure that your reps are using standard labels for each activity type. There are some other constraints that you can use to get more targeted, too. Hope that helps!

Yoav_Guttman1
Level 4

We can subject, but we cannot see the Activity Type field (which I believe is standard in SFDC). Any ideas?

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Yoav,

Here are the available marketo triggers and constraints for creating action based on SFDC activity. Like Loren mentioned, we usually will use standard key words in the subject to trigger activities for example "Activity is logged and subject starts with 'Call '".

pastedImage_0.png

Thanks!

Loren_Posendek
Level 4 - Champion Alumni

I don't believe you're able to trigger off of activity type, unfortunately. A workaround would be for your sales team to list the activity type in the subject line with some sort of standard naming convention.

Yoav_Guttman1
Level 4

Yes, we are trying to do that, but automating it would be easier than asking our sales reps to change their habits, as I am sure you know.

I find it surprising that the only solution here is in the hands of the reps using (and remembering) a naming convention. There must be a better solution...after all, if a rep speaks someone after a webinar, is it so crazy to send a different message to that type of prospect vs someone who they did not speak with?

Inga Romanoff​ - maybe we can discuss at the next NYMUG?

Anonymous
Not applicable

What about this: Create some logic in SFDC (probably using a process builder) that updates a field on the lead/contact object. Give unique names to those values (you could use like call-connected and call-left voicemail) and have them update based on values from the SFDC Event. That data value change will be pushed into Marketo on the next sync, Marketo will see it happen, trigger off of it, and then you can do whatever you want in Marketo.

Yoav_Guttman1
Level 4

it's funny, because i am back on this article, still with no solution, specifically trying to figure out how to trigger an email alert to someone other than the meeting owner when it is Booked By Prospect in Chili Piper. We've tried setting up in SFDC, but...it has not gone smoothly and I am thinking there must be a better way given the bi-directional sync between SFDC and Marketo... Gaines Murfee​ - any thoughts?