Re: Salesforce Campaign Sync - Members not syncing to Salesforce

JB_Peterson
Level 2

Salesforce Campaign Sync - Members not syncing to Salesforce

I created a new Saleforce campaign, for a webinar, in Marketo via this page,(see circled area below):

Capture.PNG

The campaign was created in Salesforce correctly. The problem that I am running into is that the people who sign up for the webinar are not being funneled into the Salesforce campaign.

Capture3.PNG

Am I missing something in my campaign flows?

Capture2.PNG

Capture.PNG

10 REPLIES 10
Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Hey JB, some possible issues to look into:

(1) Has your SFDC sync completed since these members have been added to the Marketo program? You could just be seeing slow delays. This is in the Admin > Salesforce tab of Marketo (top right corner in screenshot below):

pastedImage_0.png

(2) Have all of the leads who have a "Registered" status successfully been synced to SFDC at all? You can look into their activity logs and see this—you'll be looking for logs that are regarding the person's sync to SFDC. One option is that you have people filling out this form without all the fields required by SFDC, and the Marketo program is trying to sync these person to SFDC but SFDC is rejecting them because they don't have all the required field values.

Edward

Julz_James
Level 10

Also, just to add to Edwards comment - are the statuses you've set up in Marketo for the Webinar exactly the same as the SFDC Campaign you've created.  This can cause issues of leads not syncing to a campaign properly.

JB_Peterson
Level 2

Thanks for the response. The sync is working correctly, however, I looked into the log of one of the sign ups and saw this:

Capture.PNG

If its too small to see, it says:"Change Program Status: Skipped Status unchanged"

Looked at a couple more and essentially got the same message.

In response to Juli James: I created the campaign in Marketo and it synced over to Salesforce. There were no statuses set up.

JB

Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Hey JB, interesting...  We just ran into this on another client. Thinking it could be a system-wide bug? Try talking with Marketo Support. Post the answer here when you're done!

JB_Peterson
Level 2

Will do. Thanks for the heads up!

JB

Danni_Holleran
Level 3

Hi JB, that's very similar to an issue we've been seeing lately in some of our campaigns. In some cases not all status updates are syncing across. Wonder if it is a bug?? We're also following up with support.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi All,

Normally, if the problem is a sync failure, this can be seen in the activity log: when you change the program member status of a lead, it triggers an implicit sync on the following sync round. and this implicit sync shows in the log, whether successful or not.

If no (failed or successful) sync shows in the log, then the problem can be related to a sync delay or a deeper issue that will require the help of support.

-Greg

Andrew_Kurau
Level 1

cc Edward Unthank

In the event the implicit sync fails, does the implicit Campaign Member sync run again automatically when minimum conditions are satisfied (i.e., all required Salesforce field values eventually exist)? If not, then I think using either conditional Campaign flow steps or conditional program order execution is the best option.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Andrew,

No it does not. It will run again when triggered by a program member related event, such as a change in status.

-Greg