Salesforce Activity Sync: Help with Sales Emails VS. Marketo Send

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Activity Sync: Help with Sales Emails VS. Marketo Send

Hey Community I need some insight.

Currently our Sales Dev Reps have access to a new marketo multiple email program titled "SDRs"  via Marketo Sales insight on the lead record (see pic 1 below). The program houses several pre-tokenized emails that they can customize within salesforce and send to prospects individually. I am in the testing phase and running into road blocks. One of the SDR's KPI's is how much email outreach they do, which gets logged and is mapped in the activity history field on the salesforce record (see picture 2 below. )

When using the sales insight marketo send email functionality, the activity is not being logged as a "Sales Send Email" under activity. I do have this mapped on the salesforce object sync (see pic 3). Why isn't it showing up? Also, if you answer is " because you do not have "email sent" checked off, the reason there is that when we had this checked ALL of marketing emails were populating that field and SDR's were getting counted for that activity, even though they were marketing sends. So we removed it. IS there a way to map sales email sent via the marketo send templates? What is a best practice here????

1.)

pastedImage_1.png

2.)
pastedImage_0.png

3. pastedImage_4.png

4 REPLIES 4
Edward_Unthank_
Level 10

Re: Salesforce Activity Sync: Help with Sales Emails VS. Marketo Send

Short answer first—that "Send Marketo Email" isn't logged as a "Sales Email" technically and by design, nor is there a way to make it do so.

It sounds like the assumption here is that you don't want to touch the method for measuring how many emails the SDRs send. I think the easiest way forward is to change the method for measuring this KPI.

There are generally two good measurements that we implement as a baseline for XDR activity (not exactly performance quality): (1) quantity of activities completed and (2) time to follow-up.

As part of their process, the XDRs should always be logging activities. Emails, calls, LVMs, etc. Activities logged in SFDC is the source of truth for what the salespeople are doing with prospects. We measure the number of activities logged and track that. If you switch to that, you can have your requested campaigns log tasks that are Completed to make the campaign count as a logged activity for the XDR.

Like this as an example:

pastedImage_0.png

Cheers,

Edward Unthank | Etumos

Anonymous
Not applicable

This was super helpful! Thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Allison,

I've done something similar to what Edward mentioned but instead of for request campaign it's for when a rep uses the functionality you describe - send marketo email via the MSI module.

You can build a smart campaign per email (or for all emails) using the "was sent sales email" trigger and then create a completed activity to log the email for your SDR.

Here are screenshots of how to build it per email or you can just use Subject "is any" to log a task for any MSI email sent by the SDR.

MSI_Email_Sent_-_part_1.png

MSI_Sent_Email_-_part_2.png

I hope you find a solution that fits your needs!

Tabitha

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is great! I really appreciate your help!