SOLVED

SalesForce Sync Error

Go to solution
Nora_Slattery3
Level 4

SalesForce Sync Error

Hi!

What is the best way to track back to the cause of a temporary SFDC sync error?

I had one occure a couple of nights ago, it hasn't persisted but I am genuinely curious about why it has happened. Any ideas?

Warm regards,
Nora Slattery
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: SalesForce Sync Error

I know that ours happened twice because we reached the maximum number of API calls for our SFDC instance. It took us a long time to figure that this was why it had happened, but we noticed we had a high number for the last 24 hour period and were able to figure it out that way.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Amber_Hobson
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

I know that ours happened twice because we reached the maximum number of API calls for our SFDC instance. It took us a long time to figure that this was why it had happened, but we noticed we had a high number for the last 24 hour period and were able to figure it out that way.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Nora,

I checked the error log for your instance.. Amber's guess was correct you have hit you salesforce.com API limit a number of times over the past few days.

The SFDC API limit is a rolling 24 limit meaning that if use 100 API call now at 5pm I should get those 100 calls added back to my limit at 5pm the next day, this is why it might seem like the error is coming and going.

When the sync fails due to insufficient API calls the sync picks up where is left off once the API calls are available again meaning that the background sync should not skip any records.

For more info: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000Kyr6CAC

Rgs,
Cathal

Anonymous
Not applicable

Cathal, do you know of a reporting method that would expose only sync errors?