SOLVED

Re: Sales view of Marketo lead activity

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales view of Marketo lead activity

Forgive the novice question, but I'm a newbie! In order to surface a view of a lead's Marketo profile for our Sales Users (i.e. activity history), would each sales user need to have their own login credentials for Marketo? Or would integration allow access without independent/unique logins per sales team member? Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I recommend that if you don't have a CRM integration you either:

• yes, give Sales limited-access Marketo accounts (easiest)
  • build a "quick lead view" page for internal use using the API (requires developer, may give more opportunities for integration/single-sign-on with your other systems)

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Christina,

What you will need here is Marketo Sales Insight. It's a separate plugin for MS Dynamics or SFDC. It requires not user in the Main Marketo application for the sales. But it does cost a license fee, on a per MSI user basis.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Greg - thanks for the reply.

If only it was that easy! I should clarify by saying that we are not using either CRM referenced. We are using a lead management tool called Velocify, which is not supported by Sales Insight.

I appreciate any other insight you may have.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Christina!

While you wouldn't be able to get all of the details provided through MSI in real-time, in a few cases I've found that a more robust "sales alert" that delivers the same type of data in the alert itself through the use of lead detail tokens can do the trick. Through some custom work, you can also create string field that appends interesting moments so that you have an interesting moment flow that will tell sales all of the most recent lead actions, right in the sales alert.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jherod. The alerts you're referring to would be email notifications to the designated sales person, correct?

SanfordWhiteman

I recommend that if you don't have a CRM integration you either:

• yes, give Sales limited-access Marketo accounts (easiest)
  • build a "quick lead view" page for internal use using the API (requires developer, may give more opportunities for integration/single-sign-on with your other systems)
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Sanford - the Sales limited-access would have to be considered a one-to-one for each sales person, correct?

SanfordWhiteman

Thanks, Sanford - the Sales limited-access would have to be considered a one-to-one for each sales person, correct?

Each Sales user would typically have their own Marketo account, but you could have a shared account if you wanted (as long as it is absolutely read-only: you don't want multiple humans changing things behind the same account).

Nicholas_Manojl
Level 9

Is there a way of accessing last interesting moments through the API? You can expose boring things like lead details.. but not sure about last interesting moments or activities?

SanfordWhiteman

Yes, Had Interesting Moment is an Activity Type.