Re: Sales insight email templates -  font all over the place

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales insight email templates - font all over the place

Hi everyone,

our sales team struggles to adapt the email templates that we have for them in Marketo Sales Insight. The font used to look ok with a bit of editing work on their site, but I just saw when sending a test that there are 2-3 different fonts with different font sizes in the emails.

Is there default font/size that marketo Sales Insight uses that we can adopt? Or is there something else we can do, so Sales can ad/change the wording in our email templates?

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Sales insight email templates - font all over the place

You might check the HTML in Marketo to see if there are some default font mismatches.

Could be an SFDC issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

With the new updates I started having this issue too. We have embedded in our template htlm that the default font is Arial/Helvetica/Sans, but if you copy and paste into Marketo from another source it overrides that somehow. It is pulling from another htlm source. Even though it might look okay while you are building it and you save the html, it still sends with different fonts and sizes.

This fixed it for me:

Make sure if you are working with an existing or cloned template that you clear the contents first and save it cleared out.

Copy and paste into a notepad then from the notepad into Marketo. It will meet your set criteria that way and won't show and crazy backend html stuff you can't see. Or if you are don't new content, it should save as you intent it to if you are typing it in.

I hope this works for you as it did for me - Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Anissa,

Quick question for you. Are you also experiencing some line spacing issues? In addition to a font issue, the line spacing is getting corrupted.

We're having a similar issue but the random font changes seem limited to tables (along with bullets not showing up) and are only showing up in emails sent to Outlook.

We've tried replacing code but still haven't found a solution.

Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I also have issues with the line spacing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all, Josh was right. There was a mismatch of the font in the HTML. Seem to have worked for now.Thanks!

Kim_Allen
Level 10

I've had line issues in the past in MSI email templates. However, I find that when I send a test to myself that it looks fine. Is yours rendering ok in your actual inbox?

-Kim