SOLVED

Re: Sales Insight capabilities for MS Dynamics

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales Insight capabilities for MS Dynamics

Hi all,

I am familiar with Sales Insight in SFDC but not in MS Dynamics. In SFDC you get five tabs at the top that includes web activities and email activity (sales mail and Marketo mail). I was wondering how much of this information do you get in Dynamics. If an user can tell me I would very grateful as I can't find this information in the documentation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Diego - emails is indeed part of the MSD version of MSI.  In fact, here are the four main components:

• Interesting Moments
  • Web Activity
  • Emails
  • Score Progression

pastedImage_0.png

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Now I know that Marketo emails information is not displayed in MSI for MS Dynamics.

Dan_Stevens_

Hi Diego - emails is indeed part of the MSD version of MSI.  In fact, here are the four main components:

• Interesting Moments
  • Web Activity
  • Emails
  • Score Progression

pastedImage_0.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dan, thank you so much for this very useful screenshot , can you please clarify if those are sales emails or emails sent through Marketo campaigns. I bet they were sent through Marketo as they have the little icon next to them.

Dan_Stevens_

Those are Marketo emails.  We don't use MSI for Sales emails - at least not using the capabilities that are part of MSI.  Primarily because the MSI interface doesn't scale well for a large, global organization like ours (we have hundreds of email programs/campaigns in Marketo that span 23 country workspaces).  Sales would be overwhelmed with this laundry list of program names.  Instead, we're in the midst of building out a custom section of our contact forms in CRM that would allow Sales to opt-in their contacts to pre-built engagement programs in Marketo:

pastedImage_0.png

Dave_Cunningham
Level 4

I like this set up, Dan. I can see how MSI would not scale well for a large organization. Have you run into any issues with the native Marketo/DCRM sync with this set up or are you not that far along yet? I'm assuming you have Marketo engagement programs listening for data change values on custom fields for the campaigns? Very straightforward, but room for risk with how clunky the sync can be at times. Thanks for sharing this.

Dan_Stevens_

Hi Dave - the screenshot I provided is just a mock-up.  We haven't started the custom development work around this just yet.  But yes, given the unreliable sync at times, I'm not confident that this will run without issues.  Any time we run into issues - the answer from Support is to do a re-sync (which leads to additional issues - such as a large amount of trigger campaigns firing (e.g., MQL alerts to Sales) that should have fired months ago.  This happened to us just last week.  It was ugly.  As part of this, we found that Marketo is not receiving new users (CRM user accounts) when they're added to CRM (which is a big deal for any large/global organization where members of the Sales team frequently come and go).  So lead assignment in CRM isn't syncing back properly to Marketo.

Giles_Crease1
Level 2

If they have the little Marketo logo they are Marketo emails. MSI in MSD also displays sales emails - these can be sent from MSI in MSD using the Send Marketo Email button to contact/s or using Outlook and using the Marketo plugin.

pastedImage_0.png