SOLVED

Sales Insight access troubleshoot (Microsoft Dynamics)

Go to solution
Highlighted

Sales Insight access troubleshoot (Microsoft Dynamics)

Hi everyone,

 

Lately we are having some trouble with Sales Insight functionalities on Microsoft Dynamics.

 

We recently updated our Dynamics version from Online 2016 to Online 1710 (9.1.0.21048). After that, we still had the data showing in Sales Insight (Intersting moments...) but we could not confirm campaigns any longer from Dynamics (yet they were still visible).

 

We decided to updated our Sales Insight version and since that moment we are not seeing any data populating with Dynamics with our Marketo Sales Insight. Also, requested campaigns are not displayed at all when I click on "Add to Marketo campaign". We've checked the activity log in Marketo and the interesting moments, scoring, web visits are there.

 

The only exception is for the System Admin on Dynamics, he can see all of the data and can trigger campaigns. But we tried every role to see were the issue was coming and nothing worked.

 

Any idea were it could come from? Marketo support has no idea at the moment and I'm crossing my fingers that the community did encounter something like that...

 

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Sales Insight access troubleshoot (Microsoft Dynamics)

Ok so we fixed this issue with the precious help of support and engineer teams, I will share the results with the community. Seems like it's a known problem for Marketo and many others encountered that very same issue. A fix in under development and will be release in a couple of weeks.

 

On our hand, we noticed the following errors in our logs:

Thomas_Morgadin_0-1599725726356.jpeg

 

Everything was set correctly, but on Dynamics, the secret key field was locked.

 

We have identified that the secret key was not visible and as result there was no communication between Marketo and Dynamics for Standard Users.

 

Once we have deactivated the security on the “Secret Key” field, and ensure the Marketo Sales Insight role was present, the data for MSI is now appearing as expected.

 

Hope this can help someone in the future while waiting for the official patch.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Sales Insight access troubleshoot (Microsoft Dynamics)

Ok so we fixed this issue with the precious help of support and engineer teams, I will share the results with the community. Seems like it's a known problem for Marketo and many others encountered that very same issue. A fix in under development and will be release in a couple of weeks.

 

On our hand, we noticed the following errors in our logs:

Thomas_Morgadin_0-1599725726356.jpeg

 

Everything was set correctly, but on Dynamics, the secret key field was locked.

 

We have identified that the secret key was not visible and as result there was no communication between Marketo and Dynamics for Standard Users.

 

Once we have deactivated the security on the “Secret Key” field, and ensure the Marketo Sales Insight role was present, the data for MSI is now appearing as expected.

 

Hope this can help someone in the future while waiting for the official patch.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Re: Sales Insight access troubleshoot (Microsoft Dynamics)

@Thomas_Morgadin : Kudos! You saved us a ton of work with that post.

Re: Sales Insight access troubleshoot (Microsoft Dynamics)

Awesome, glad it could help you 🙂