Sales Insight / Stars & Flames setup in the Admin section

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales Insight / Stars & Flames setup in the Admin section

We're just starting to score leads and unfortunalely I cannot find any Marketo documentation covering the questions below:

- what is the difference between Dynamic and Static scoring methods,

- what do the % values in the screenshot below stand for (% of leads displayed in Best Bets? % of the biggest Lead Score value in our database?),

- and in which case the relative urgency will equal to 1.

Will be very thankful for any ideas!

pastedImage_0.png

4 REPLIES 4
Aslihan_Ayan_Ha
Level 7

Re: Sales Insight / Stars & Flames setup in the Admin section

Dynamic - Is a percentage value that is derived from relative data while Static - Allows you to define exact score numbers, no more percentages. Dynamic is the recommended method.

The percentage is calculated based on your whole lead db.

I am not positive on the stars value =1. I am assuming if the lead was inactive x amount of time, they will get the urgency 1?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Ashley! That's really helpful!

Not sure about urgency = 1, because some leads in our DB have no flames while having a couple stars (those guys who were inactive for a while but still had some activities in the past). So I suppose one flame cannot mean inactivity.

And one more thing I can't get so far: when I switch to Static Urgency distribution, how to I see what the numbers mean? E.g. after how many hours (days?) after an activity the relative urgency will decrease for 1 point?

Right  now, I have a lead who made his last activity on Feb 12 and has 3 flames, and another one with last activity on Feb 17 who has 2 flames, which is unfair since the second one is apparently "warmer"

pastedImage_2.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Elena,

We, too, are having this same problem with definition of urgency.

After one day, leads who'd taken an action just the day before disappear from the views!

I hear back further this, would you please let me know?

Thanks so much,

Lynn

Anonymous
Not applicable

My understanding is that Marketo has a proprietary algorithm contributing to the depiction of these Sales Insight Flames and Stars, but it takes into account the dimensions you factor in/configure, i.e. Lead Score, Behavior Score or Demographic Score.  If you have left the scoring to the Marketo default, both the Flames and the Stars would only be contributed from your scoring by the Lead Score configured and assigned, ideally centrally in your Operations scoring program.  If you have opted to include Behavioral and Demographic Scoring, the way I am understanding, you would configure the Behavioral (successful program engagements triggering scoring additions) Scoring in one Operational Program, which would be best suited to be reflected in the Sales Insight FLAMES.  The Flames also takes into account by Marketo, the cumulative Lead Score, as well as other Marketo proprietary defined parameters, which in theory should reflect the recency (more recent engagements) and thus urgency of the lead prioritization.  I did notice, while sitting down with a sales rep, that if they have just called that lead, that the recency attribute is greatly raised, seemingly despite the other successful engagements of other leads, but that was literally a one-off view and I believe also absent of having our scoring configured, thus working properly at this point.  It's difficult to get more information from Marketo on this subject, since it's part of their proprietary magic sauce for prioritization.  Secondly, the Sales Insight STARS can be configured to focus on the Demographic Scoring (the higher the score, the more ideal characteristics of the Lead, i.e. job title, industry, company size, etc.), in addition to the Marketo proprietary contribution of ascertaining the relative priority compared to the other leads.  This is my understanding and I would love to hear others thoughts on this.