Re: Sales Insight - NO Sales Force

Heather_Padgett
Level 3

Sales Insight - NO Sales Force

I'm setting up my sales team with Sales Insight, and we do not have SalesForce. 

I want my reps to be able to login to Marketo to see activity - is there a easy way to do this? I know I can create Marketo logins for my reps, but is there a way to customize each rep's view so that:

1. The rep only has access to leads in their name
2. The rep can see the activity of the leads in their name

I am setting up alerts, but I want them to have some sort of dashboard so they can view their activity... Does this make sense?

Thanks!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have lead partitions/workspaces? If you do, you could create workspaces for each rep (and put just their leads into the workspaces) then create programs/reports and clone them into each workspace so they all see the same thing, just for their leads.
Mark_Emond7
Level 3

Which CRM platform do you have Heather? If you have MS Dynamics, you can use Sales Insight although some of the functionality that exists in the SFDC version does not exist in the version for Dynamics. MSI in MS Dynamics will show your reps activity for their leads only.
Heather_Padgett
Level 3

Unfortunately I use Goldmine, which stinks... and I only have the Spark edition, so I don't have access to lead partitions or workspaces, which it turns out would be extremely helpful in what I need to do.

Debby Downer here...  any other ideas? Thanks!
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Wow Heather, for a minute I had to check if you worked for my old company... We were in the same boat! Unfortunately I never got to a "dashboard view", but here's what I was able to do:

I had a lot of Analytics subscription emails set up so that our sales people could see where people were in the flow at any given time. They could click on a person's name (linked) in the email, and see their Marketo record without any login. This prevented sales people from seeing other peoples contacts.

For visibility into emails that were sent automatically, I set up an additional user in GM and anytime we sent an email to people I would also set that same email to send as an Alert to an alias email that we then linked to GM. The only downside there is that it was listed as an inbound email instead of an outbound email.

All very much based on work-arounds, but all things considered we made it work pretty well.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you can add partitions and workspaces to any edition? 

Regardless, the only other way I could think to solve this would be to create folders for each rep and just ask for them only to look at their folders and limit their permissions based on their profiles. If they had their own folders with reports, campaigns, etc I'm sure they'd use it to their advantage. You could obviously filter each member based on the rep, but depending on how many reps you have this could be time consuming. But ideally I'd ask for partitions! It's not that pricey of an add-on.