SOLVED

Re: Sales Insight Login?

Go to solution
Eric_Nguyen2
Level 2

Sales Insight Login?

I just finished setting up Sales Insight and was getting ready to send invites to the sales team so they could login to Marketo.

I was under the impression that in order to use SI, each rep would need to login to Marketo. However, I realize that they're already able to see SI in SFDC. What's the point of a Sales Insight/Marketo login when they're already able to see/use it in SFDC?

Thanks...
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Sales does not receive a login to Marketo. They see it all in MSI.

The MSI licenses are really for the Outlook Plugin.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Josh_Hill13

Sales does not receive a login to Marketo. They see it all in MSI.

The MSI licenses are really for the Outlook Plugin.
Edward_Masson
Level 10

MSI is seat license, if you dont have enough licenses for all users they will see blank spaces when viewing records.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is the beauty of Sales Insights & its that your sales team does not need a Marketo log in.
At least that was the case for us.
Josh_Hill13

Ed, I was always confused about that though - there's no way to assign MSI to a person in SFDC, right?
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Exactly, but your right about the outlook plug in license.

When you look at the admin section for MSI it shows you ### (### used in last 30 days).
When we first got it, we only had a small amout of licences, word spread and sales reps complained of bank areas on the lead/contact or accout where the MSI would sit. Support told me years ago its because we have gone over the allowed amount of users that can view MSI.

We got more and the complaints stopped.
Eric_Nguyen2
Level 2

Thank you all for clarifying. I think you're right Josh, once MSI is installed into SFDC, all SFDC users should be able to see and use MSI as Sarrah pointed out. At least that's the case with us as well.

I'm not sure if we've seen what Ed described, though.

I was confusing the Marketo license/login and the MSI email plug-in license.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to hide the opportunities tab for the MSI login?  Our SFDC administrator is asking about that.