Re: Sales Follow Up on your Marketing Leads (MQL SLA)

Sean_Richards
Level 5

Sales Follow Up on your Marketing Leads (MQL SLA)

Hi Commuinity,

I found this excellent presentation from summit 2017 on MQL Follow Up and SLAs. The Marketing Nation Summit, April 29 - May 2, 2018 – Marketo - 2017 Recordings

I am in the middle of building a lot of this stuff and would love to know how others have attacked this.

The way we current do this:

* MQL Alert to Sales, set a follow up checkbox and timestamp it

* Post Event, any leads that are MQL or just requested follow up use the same logic

* Once the checkbox is cleared, we timestamp that end date as well

This has many flaws, but it's better than nothing.

But what really grabbed my attention was the way they built the persistent follow up into the Marketo automation.

The way we are planning to do this is use our sales engagement tool (currently Cirrus Insights) to kick off "flight plans" which are their cadence driven nurtures.

This would mean the tracking of the follow up after the initial one is lost into another app.

I also love how this presented method also surfaces all the dashboarding in SF.

What is everyone else doing to handle this SLA governance? Anyone want to jump on remote meeting to share?

Cheers,

Sean

Sean Richards
2 REPLIES 2
Sean_Richards
Level 5

I guess the main question I have is, does anyone have a system that is tracking the depth of sales follow up like this company has, and how are you tracking it?

Sean Richards
Sean_Richards
Level 5

David Da Silva I see you re-presented your talk at Summit 2018. Can you please share what you have changed since you first implemented? Any big improvements to the implementation specifically? I know last year the question around "business hours" came up, did you end up attacking that, or was there no need to in the end and you could just interpret the reporting without too much of an issue? Does your sales team also use a sales engagement system (Outreach etc?).

Thanks in advance.

Sean

Sean Richards