Re: SUMMIT 2018 Recorded Presentations

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

I also wholeheartedly agree - knowledge sharing within our community is a really important component in the old "a rising tide raises all ships" philosophy, which I'm very much on board with. Hopefully by being vocal about this being disappointing means it will be given more thought for next year

Will_Harmon2
Marketo Employee

Hey Sean Richards​ and friends. Thank you for your feedback regarding our Summit recordings. Grace Brebner​ is correct in our reasoning to not film this year, but we think you build a strong case for why we should be leveraging Summit sessions. We now have a team solely dedicated to growing customers, so we'll take this feedback to heart while planning for Summit 2019.

Thanks again!

Will

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Thanks Will Harmon​ - I think returning to recording would definitely be a positive thing. I mean, why create single use content when you can repurpose it and make it work harder for you, right?

Thanks for jumping in.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Will Harmon,

I do not how the conclusion was made to recording not being worth it. for your customers located far from the US, the cost of travelling and the time out of office for coming to the event is very significant.

I think that the limitations on how the video content could be used in the past was the limitation: you needed to have a conference ticket to be able to access all of it, meaning any customer who did not have such a ticket was limited to very fex sessions (mainly the plenary). The usage of the recordings would have been much broader without such restrictions.

Also, downloading the videos to review them offline (while travelling for instance) was painful and not made easy.

I think that instead of removing the recording, a lot more could be done in leveraging it and making it a powerful knowledge sharing tool.

-Greg

Kyle_McCormick
Level 5

I know it's not recordings, but here is the link to the slides: https://go.marketo.com/Presentation-Deck-Download-Page.html

Hopefully some content is better than none!

Sean_Richards
Level 5

Thanks Kyle. Better than nothing for sure.

Sean Richards
Amy_Goldfine
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Some of the presenters have kindly recorded their presentations and made them available. Here's Edward Unthank's. I don't know if there is a full thread of all of them. https://etumos.com/summit/

Amy Goldfine
Marketo Champion & Adobe Community Advisor
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Amy Connor​ you'll want to take your mkt_tok off that link...