SOLVED

Re: SSO user creation

Go to solution
Bruce_Reed
Level 1

SSO user creation

We've just enabled SAML based SSO for our users. One thing the documentation doesn't cover: are we required to create invites for new users when SSO Only sign-in is enabled or will their accounts be created automatically on first sign-in? It appears we must still send them invites, but I do not see the value in sending them an invite to set a password for an account they cannot sign into using username and password. If they must receive these invite emails we'll change the template for each user invited, but it would be nice to be able to change the template used globally to inform they've been granted access to Marketo and should use SSO to sign in.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SydneyMulligan
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi Bruce! I used Okta at my last org and still created user profiles in Marketo for each user. Marketo didn't send them an invite because SSO was turned on (even though it looks like it will send them an invite, it doesn't). Then I gave my IT guy managing Okta their Marketo login email address and he provisioned access in Okta. Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
SydneyMulligan

Hi Bruce! I used Okta at my last org and still created user profiles in Marketo for each user. Marketo didn't send them an invite because SSO was turned on (even though it looks like it will send them an invite, it doesn't). Then I gave my IT guy managing Okta their Marketo login email address and he provisioned access in Okta. Hope this helps!

Bruce_Reed
Level 1

Excellent! We're Okta users as well Sydney. This really helps, so thanks for the quick response.

SydneyMulligan

That's great, I'm so glad! Do you mind marking my answer as correct?