Re: SSL certificate clarification

Lauren_Wiley
Level 1

SSL certificate clarification

Could someone clarify this for me? Is it...you do not have to... or... you are not allowed to? Are we able to provide an SSL certificate to secure our Marketo landing pages outside of purchasing the Secured Domains for Landing Pages product?

Do I need to provide a TLS/SSL Certificate?

Marketo’s new Secured Domains for Landing Pages product available in December 2017, manages all aspects of procuring, managing and renewing a certificate and key for you. You do not have to provide a certificate. If you purchased a SSL for Landing Pages service prior to this date and provided a certificate, you will be updated to the new process at your next certificate renewal.

https://nation.marketo.com/docs/DOC-5612-overview-faq-secured-domains-for-landing-pages#jive_content...

13 REPLIES 13
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

My understanding is you are still allowed to provide your own cert by special agreement. It's discouraged but not prohibited.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

We purchased our SSL certificates. Why would you not do this?

SanfordWhiteman

Because the new setup is more self-sustaining, and the cert cost is included in the fee.

Erika_S
Level 2

Hi Lauren,

From my understanding you are still able to generate your ssl certification for your domains and then provide license key all on your own and have the platform team install certificate. They have been encouraging customers to add new service to contract as the process is much more automated with a turn around time of 72 hours max. Marketo handles the ssl cert and once its initiated it updates automatically.

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes. They want everyone to move to Google Cloud/Cloudflare in 2019. There will be no self-managed Certs in 2019 or at your next renewal.

Lauren_Wiley
Level 1

Update: I was told that even if we bought and managed our own SSL certificates, we would still have to purchase the Secured Domains for Landing Pages product. So we ended up purchasing just the SDLP and will have our certificates handled by Marketo...

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Lauren,

AFAIK, the new SDLP is replacing the previous solution when your certificates expire.

-Greg

Kerry_Langstaff
Level 1

Was anyone else notified of this new requirement? We just renewed our SSL certificate with DigiCert for two years and now Marketo is saying we must use their SSL or our pages will not load starting on 11/2/18.

SanfordWhiteman

There was a notification, but I agree it was too... subtle.

AFAIK, the rule stands. Or you can remove SSL from Marketo itself and route through another CDN if you're feeling angry.