SSL Certificate - How to make sure the "Secure" Icon and lock appear next to URLs

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

SSL Certificate - How to make sure the "Secure" Icon and lock appear next to URLs

We recently set up a secure server so that our landing pages will be hosted securely and feature "https" before each URL. The "https" is showing up but we still are not seeing the "Secure" message and lock icon next to our URLs. This is what should be showing up:

pastedImage_2.png

I have updated our pages/templates so that our images and CSS are all hosted on the secure server. What other steps do I need to take to make sure all of our pages are showing the secure message and lock icon. This is what we currently see:

pastedImage_3.png

When clicking the Info icon, the message reads: "Your connection to this site is not fully secure. Attackers might be able to see the images you're looking at on this site and trick you by modifying them.

Thanks!

Trevor

4 REPLIES 4
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: SSL Certificate - How to make sure the "Secure" Icon and lock appear next to URLs

Please provide your actual URL.

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Re: SSL Certificate - How to make sure the "Secure" Icon and lock appear next to URLs

Hey Sanford,

I found that there were some hidden non-secure images in the landing page that needed to be removed. Once I removed all of these, the secure lock icon showed up. Thank you!

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Remember when converting Marketo pages to SSL that you need to ensure all the elements are secure and any script paths are relative or use HTTPS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Be aware that IE8 (and older versions) do not support relative URL's so first check if any of your visitors are still using these browsers.

See: Protocol Relative URLs, Why to Use Them, and Common Pitfalls - Bill Patrianakos