Re: SPAM Issues gmail and Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

SPAM Issues gmail and Marketo

Has anyone had issues with a majority of their emails landing in gmail SPAM?  I can't seem to get an email through to my inbox in gmail.

6 REPLIES 6
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Jacquelyn,

Are you talking here about your personal address or a gmail enterprise email address ? And are you on a shared IP or a dedicated one?

In gmail enterprise, as with any other email service provider (and may be more with gmail than with any other), you have to whitelist Marketo email IP's. So if you are using gmail enterprise and you have not whitelisted Marketo IP's, I would start here.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you talking here about your personal address or a gmail enterprise email address ? And are you on a shared IP or a dedicated one?

Unfortunately, I am limited in my knowledge about this stuff. I am sending emails from Marketo to a list of gmail addresses. They are comprised of my team members personal gmail addresses. Those emails are going to spam. My test emails through Marketo to any gmail are also going to SPAM.

I did not purchase the Email Deliverability Power Pack so I think they are on a shared IP, but I could be wrong. I can ask my IT team if they know.

In gmail enterprise, as with any other email service provider (and may be more with gmail than with any other), you have to whitelist Marketo email IP's.

Do you have any documentation you can direct me to that will help show me how to do that?

Thank you for helping me.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Carmi_Lopez-Jo1
Level 3

Hi b492c00d3dfe980350d3bac1ecc821061715c6c3​.  Happy to help.  I work in Deliverability Consulting at Marketo.  Gmail has a fairly complex spam filtering technology.  Here is a great resource on how it works.  You can also reach out to support and they can provide some tips/tricks.  We also offer deliverabilty consulting if that may be useful.

Thanks,

Carmi

S_D1
Level 4

HI Carmi,

We have the same issue that our emails land to SPAM folder in gmail. We have Email deliverability power pack and also checked the reports there. The link which you have provided is not working. Is there any documentation available?

Thanks!

Carmi_Lopez-Jo1
Level 3

Hi  SD.  Happy to help and apologies for the delay.  I updated the link above so it resolves now, apologies.  Gmail filtering is primarily driven by engagement, so if you're mailing to an unengaged audience, you'll likely experience higher rates of spam delivery.  We'd be happy to take a peek.  Hit up your CSM and ask them to coordinate a call with Deliverabilty Consulting.  Thanks!