SOLVED

SFDC leads

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC leads

Marketo created a new lead for us in salesforce because a they filled out one of our website forms. We wanted to test a few fields, so we filled out the same form with that leads email address to see if there were any merges, but we didn't see any changes so the lead and immediately marked it as test / invalid. Marketo however, moved that lead from out of the Test/Invalid queue to open LDD queue the following day and merged the two leads, updating all fields to that of the test lead (which was more recent). If a lead hasn't been converted, will leads with the same email address merge and take after the most recept post even if its been marked as test/invalid?  How would i prevent that update?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: SFDC leads

Marketo will de-duplicate based on email address. So if you fill out a form with the same email address, Marketo will interpret it as the same person and will update the existing lead on the second form fill.

It is not exactly a merge taking place because the second lead was never actually created; Marketo just updated the first.

You couldn't prevent the lead from being updated. However you could look at whatever rules are moving leads out of of your test queue and adjust them, so that leads declared invalid stay there regardless of any additional activity. I think that would solve your root requirement.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: SFDC leads

Marketo will de-duplicate based on email address. So if you fill out a form with the same email address, Marketo will interpret it as the same person and will update the existing lead on the second form fill.

It is not exactly a merge taking place because the second lead was never actually created; Marketo just updated the first.

You couldn't prevent the lead from being updated. However you could look at whatever rules are moving leads out of of your test queue and adjust them, so that leads declared invalid stay there regardless of any additional activity. I think that would solve your root requirement.