Re: SFDC campaign/engagement program sync question

Peter_1_Kim
Level 2

SFDC campaign/engagement program sync question

Hey everyone,

Had a quick question...if I have an engagement program synced to a campaign in Salesforce, would any contact that gets added to the campaign also be eligible to receive content via the engagement program's active cadences?

I would assume that just being a member of the program (via the SFDC campaign sync) would not automatically make the contact eligible to receive emails during the next scheduled cast but instead can only be sent the emails if they run through an additional flow step like:

Add to Engagement X and Stream 1

Is this indeed the case?

Thanks

Peter

3 REPLIES 3
Ruchi_Lapran1
Level 4

Hi Peter,

That's correct. You'll have to use a trigger Added to SFDC Campaign and flow step Add to Engagement Program, Stream 1 or any and the cadence will work its way down.

Hope this helps!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Peter,

In Product Docs, on the page titled 'Add People to to an Engagement Program' there's this bullet point:

If you are using Salesforce as your CRM and have a Salesforce campaign tied to your engagement program, adding someone to the Salesforce campaign on the CRM side will also make them a member of the engagement program.

My testing confirms that a person added to a Salesforce campaign tied to a Marketo Engagement Program is added automatically to the engagement program and by default is added to Stream 1.

So, if I understood your question correctly, it appears anyone added to a Salesforce campaign tied to an engagement program will receive that program's next cast. There's no need to create a trigger to place the person in Stream 1.

Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI,

The leads are not added to engagement program,they are just added to salesforce campaign and the leads which are added to salesforce campaign are not added to the engagement program's active cadences.You can use a trigger Added to SFDC Campaign and flow step Add to Engagement Program