SFDC and Marketo Campaigns for Contacts

Anonymous
Not applicable

SFDC and Marketo Campaigns for Contacts

I am a Customer Life Cycle marketing manager who is looking to measure engagement on my customer campaigns. We have thousands of leads stored in salesforce. When a sale is made by a sales team member at our company the lead is converted to a contact and an opportunity is created to mark the sale. Upsells to current customers are executed by our customer success department and created as new opportunities under that same contact. Duplicate leads are not deleted but instead given a DNC status. 

In order to measure the progress of my efforts, I have created campaigns in salesforce and set a smart campaign task in marketo to add respondents to the specific SFDC campaign. However marketo is not marking all the respondents as contacts, it is pulling some of them as leads. I have had to delete the leads from these campaigns so that our sales team isn't selling on our own customers, skewing my campaign numbers.

Does anyone know how to add customer respondents to campaigns as contacts only? Or how to use both email and type as filters for respondents?

1 REPLY 1
Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

Re: SFDC and Marketo Campaigns for Contacts

As a short term solution - Marketo has a "SFDC Type" filter, try adding it to you smart campaign with a value "Contact" selected. The key here would be not only to make sure you don't add leads into your SFDC campaign, but also to get all the engagement data associated with your contact records and not its duplicate leads, so I would recommend applying this filter not only to smart campaigns that add people to SFDC campaigns, but also to the initial smart lists/campaigns you use to target your customers.

Screenshot_53.png

To address the root of the problem start looking into deduplication solutions, getting rid of all those duplicate leads will make your life much easier