SFDC Sync: Moved from Pro to Enterprise Version

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

SFDC Sync: Moved from Pro to Enterprise Version

We recently updated our SFDC version from Professional to Enterprise. I know for the initial installation there is a different set-up process for both. I already had it successfully installed on our Professional version. Do I need to do anything to update the Enterprise integration?

5 REPLIES 5
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Re: SFDC Sync: Moved from Pro to Enterprise Version

The primary thing that you will need to do is create a new role and set of field-level security permissions for your sync user: Step 2 of 3: Create a Salesforce User for Marketo (Enterprise/Unlimited) - Marketo Docs - Product Do...   This will allow you to manage your sync user's permissions and hide or unhide fields/objects etc. from the sync.

Marisa_Rybar
Level 4

I had actually gone through and done most of this right after I posted this question on here, but I did have one question that I wasn't sure about.

On that instructional page, after setting field permissions, the next step is to create a Marketo-Salesforce Sync Account. I already did that before though, and I think it persisted to this new instance. Am I misunderstanding or do I have to do this step again?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Marisa,

No, you do not have to do this again, unless you want to use a new user as the sync user. But if you have created a new profile, you need to give that profile to the sync user.

Also, if you have created a new profile, do not forget to provide it the "password never expires" right.

Another point: if you remove access to the sync user on some fields, these fields still exit in Marketo and will not diseappear. You need to go to Marketo and hide them. As they are no longer synchronized, you should really stop using them.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be good to go on this.  You do have some additional functionality with Enterprise that can influence your integration.  For example, you now have profiles in enterprise that you can use to limit the data that is synchronized with Marketo.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Marisa,

Another key point is that you no longer need to have all the fields on the screen layout for them to be accessible by Marketo, since field access is no controlled by profiles (as explained by Kenny). So it may make sense to remove some Marketo fields from the page layouts if they are not interesting to marketing nor sales, so that you end up with simpler layouts.

-Greg