Re: SFDC Sync Issue

Christian_Tovar
Level 3

SFDC Sync Issue

Hello,

I just came across a record that is actually a retail contact but it's not syncing in Marketo.

Anyone have an idea how I can trouble shoot this?

This one is shown in the "info" view:

pastedImage_1.png

This shows in the company info view:

pastedImage_2.png

6 REPLIES 6
Floyd_Alvares1
Level 1

Hi Christian,

Can you provide an example or more information as to what you mean by the contact is not syncing in Marketo?

I am assuming the screenshots above are from within the lead records in Marketo?

Thanks

Floyd

Carrie_Chandle1
Level 6

Hi Christian Tovar‌ - Are you using a custom sync rule between SFDC and Marketo? Any errors about the sync showing in your Marketo notifications?

Christian_Tovar
Level 3

I believe so but not entirely sure. I know that our instance only syncs from SFDC to marketo. So, if a lead is added from Marketo it doesn't add that to the CRM. We have to manually add it to SFDC in order for data to start feeding to each other. 

Gursimran_Chand
Level 4

If you are using custom sync rule as Carrie mentioned, then check if "Sync to Marketo" checkbox (or something similar field) is unchecked or checked. If unchecked, tick the box.

Denise_Greenbe7
Level 3

Hi Christian,

I'm curious what you mean about not syncing also. However, there are 2 SFDC Type fields - one is on the "Person" where the two choices are "Lead" or "Contact"; the other is on the Account and is mapped to the SFDC "Account Type" field. Your screenshots appear to be from Marketo (as noted above) showing that the person is a Contact (as opposed to a Lead) attached to an Account where the Account Type is RETA - Retail.

Christian_Tovar
Level 3

Hi Denise,

That is absolutely correct! Thank you for explaining that. I've asked our Sales Director to update the lead so there is no longer any confusion.

Thank you!