Re: SFDC/Marketo Integration: Has anyone remapped the marketo address fields to the SFDC Mailing address fields (sfdc contact address fields) instead of the SFDC Billing address fields (sfdc account address fields) since marketo cannot update SFDC account

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Re: SFDC/Marketo Integration: Has anyone remapped the marketo address fields to the SFDC Mailing address fields (sfdc contact address fields) instead of the SFDC Billing address fields (sfdc account address fields) since marketo cannot update SFDC account

Also doesn't it make no sense to be mapped to the billing address fields since they don't update from web form fillouts and such? 

What would be the reasons to have it mapped to billing address fields in the first place? 

Our biggest issue is that for email marketing it is a huge pain because we have to pull contact target lists from salesforce because the mailing address information is their actual location vs billing which is their corporate location and mailing address fields are not mapped to marketo.  Essentially someone's mailing address (actual location) could be different from their billing address (their corporate/account's location). 

The concern with creating email targets lists by billing address is that we potentially could not be using their actual location and therefore our targeting would be off and that opens up the potential to be in violation of privacy laws.  Does that make sense? 

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Any thoughts on this guys?  All of this is super helpful.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi again Nate,

I do not think you have much of a choice, you need indeed to reestablish the sync with the contact address. The choice of the method (Josh's or mine) will be yours as they have both drawbacks and advantages.

-Greg

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Hi Greg.  I see the two option clearly now but I was asking about your thoughts to my reply that I left three replies above this one.  The reply at 9:47am.

Thanks

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nate,

The most likely is that they were not using the contact fields and wanted to simplify the things.

-Greg

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

With regards to mapping back to the sfdc contact address fields (Mailing fields), a concern:

Companies typically populate country, state, and postal code (or even less) upon form fill out and leave out street address.  If someone moves and they fill out a web form with their new location information that information will update in sfdc and marketo but the street address in sfdc and marketo will stay as their old street address since it was not populated.  This will create an overall inaccuracy of address information.  What are the options for combating this and what are people doing for this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Use a Workflow rule in Salesforce and the "ischanged()" parameter.

Basically if the State, Country or City change (or any combination of these) you can wipe out the street address. This won't be perfect of course (they may not change and the street address might have changed anyway) but it could work.

Nate Oosterhouse Your question's not exactly clear but I think that gets you were you want to go. When you say "Address" it generally means the entire Address (e.g. 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, D.C, 37188.) I think you're referring only to the Street Address, but if not then perhaps you could clarify.

Nate_Oosterhous
Level 7

Thanks Skot,

I edited my reply. to specify street address instead of address.  Could you also do this within Marketo rather than using a salesforce workflow rule?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't seem to find any equivalent to "If the field value changes..." in Marketo flows, but someone who's more versed in Flows might have a suggestion. (I primarily interact with Marketo on behalf of Salesforce, and there are certainly people who know more about its innards than I do.)

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Nate,

if you are using a form with prefill, this should not happen if the person is recognized by Marketo: Marketo will display the previous value and the peson will likely correct them as well.

The question you are raising may happen if you are not using prefill (in the case of embedded forms) or if the person is not recognized (new device, erased cookies...). This can only be covered IMHO, with some JS on the form to make sure that if someone enters a street address they also enter a zip code, a state and a country.

-Greg